Some days I have a flood of project ideas. Sometimes, when I’m in bed, eyes shut, lights out, I realize I’m doing the “my-eyes-are-closed-but-actually-kind-of-squinting-and-keeping-myself-awake” thing because I’m thinking about a new and exciting project.
Other days, I feel like I’ve hit the project wall. I’m blank. Nothing is coming to me or I don’t know where to start, so I plop my bum down on the couch instead It’s really productive. Or not.
Saturday was a productive day. I took down our exterior Christmas lights and garland and got it all put away. It’s been SO.COLD the last couple days, I was really noticing all the drafts coming through the old, cracked caulking around (pretty much all) the windows. So I also caulked the kitchen window and a few other spots I’d been noticing. We have plastic over a couple of windows, so I’ll have to wait to caulk those. Then, since it was above freezing and we could actually use the wet saw, I helped tile the shower cubby in the master bathroom.
Sorry, it’s hard to take un-shaky photos of yourself. (Nick was downstairs working the saw.) And yes, I have heard of makeup, thankyouverymuch.
And then I was tuckered and had to retire to my permanent-butt-divot on the couch.
But my feeling-productive streak is hanging in there today, so I thought I should get a list of projects down that I’ve been thinking of lately. It’ll be a good reminder for me on those ‘blank’ days.
- Closet: Install another shelf. Find/make organizers for existing shelves.
- Master bath: Finish tiling. Paint and caulk trim and doors. Caulk vanity. Install TP holder. Replace brass hinges on doors. Paint touch-ups. Organize vanity. Install shower doors. Accessorize.
- Organize linen closet.
- Master bedroom: Paint ceiling (again). Make and install “cornice” project. Put up crown molding. Raise curtain rod, find window treatments. Put something on the walls – anything. Accessorize. New headboard? New pillows! Maybe new bedding.
- Accessorize the powder room already. Geez.
- Revamp stairwell frames.
- Find new coffee table for living room.
- Insulate garage. Maybe drywall garage. Make my “clothes rod organizer” and find a place to install it (in the garage).
- Make a rain barrel. Explore the “irrigation project” idea.
- Redo the house numbers.
- Find/make bench for front porch. Paint the ceiling of the porch. Decorate the porch
- Fix the dangling-by-one-nail fence panel on the side of the house.
- Find some use for the “wooden box” – or get rid of it.
- Think about the “library” idea.
- Think about the laundry room idea (never know when a machine is going to go kaput! and that will be my opportunity…)