I just had to post a To-Do List Update today. Wanna know why? Remember how I like crossing things off lists? Well…..there are some things that will get done this weekend on the list below. So if I post the list today, and get the things done over the weekend, it’s so much more gratifying to be able to update my list (and you!) on Monday! Whoo hoo! (I’m such a nerd.)
Prime dining room ceiling. Buy flat Dover White paint, and paint the kitchen ceiling AGAIN. Decide on and buy kitchen/dining wall color.
- Paint kitchen/dining walls (this coming weekend)
- Shop for a new dishwasher (this weekend too-we think)
- Finally make an appointment to pick out our new floor (probably next weekend)
- Start taking off baseboards and painting behind them (So I don’t have to tape them) (as we paint – this weekend)
- Paint baseboards while they’re off, and replace a few damaged ones.
- Do kitchen “peninsula treatment” Oooh! Ahhhh! (what could it be? what could it be? )
- Take up carpet and existing laminate and find a new home for it on Craigslist.
- Wait for floors to be installed.
- Reinstall baseboards and toilet. Get furniture and appliances back in place.
- Paint the dining room “tray ceiling” (
step 1, step 2 and step 3); and refurbish the Narsty light fixture. Then maybe toss the refurbished light fixture and go to Plan B of replacing it(refurbished version turned out pretty well!). Find a second-hand wooden baby gate (or break down and buy a new one)
- Buy and Install the crown molding in dining room,
- Stain baby gate and dowel
- Install brackets and hinges for baby gate (finish it)
Then, to the kitchen cabinets (this one may take all summer because I promised to take a break from “big projects” after the floor is done!)
- Sand kitchen cabinets. I’m going to buy an electric sander for this. Any suggestions?
- Install kitchen cabinet moldings.
- Prime kitchen cabinets.
- Paint kitchen cabinets.
- Glaze kitchen cabinets maybe.
- Reinstall hardware (either new or old, haven’t decided yet)
- I’ll worry about the backsplash later.
It’s FRIDAY! Are y’all ready for the weekend?
I am a HUGE list person…and I am \”blogging\” (cringe) right now as I should be crossing things off my list instead. We should make up a new name for blogging, what do you think? 🙂 Thanks for posting at Favorite Things Friday!
I love your list…it kinda looks like mine lol only my list has a deadline: my due date! haha after that I need to take a 'recover from childbirth & enjoy newborn-ness' break (well deserved I think!) As for a sander: We have a palm sander (not so happy with it but it works for small-ish jobs) but we just bought a handheld belt sander from Lowe's ($50 I think?) a few weeks ago and we love that! It is taking up even the toughest glued on felt paper from our original hardwood floors in our kitchen (that's what we found under 3 layers of linoleum!) but we can change out the 'belt' and I'll use it to sand our stair risers to get them ready for paint later this summer! 🙂 It seems to be really versatile! Can't wait to see how much is crossed off on monday!! 🙂