I feel pretty silly. There were two identical frames at Goodwill – one with a backing, and one was just the frame itself. I paid extra for the one with backing because I thought I’d use it. I didn’t.
I overpaid!!! Not my favorite thing to do! (But I kept the backing just in case…)
So I originally planned to use the fabric kind of like this:
Because I’m laZy with a capital Z, I went for the first glue I could find – a glue stick!
The kitty is always so helpful.
I ended up ditching the back of the frame because I planned to put stuff in the bird cage, and I didn’t want the overall effect to get too busy. I thought letting the wall serve as the background would be cleaner looking.
I got out some STUFF that I thought might work as filler…….
I had a little trouble getting the frame to hang straight on the wall, so I jimmied it with some floral wire:
The finished product:
I love it because if I ever get tired of my artsy bird’s nest, or the ivy or ribbon, or the pearls, I can put all kinds of other stuff inside and on it! (I’m already wondering if the ivy/ribbon combo is too much…)
But for now, it’s got an old-fashioned, Victorian feel to it that I think works great with my garden-guest-room.
Hope you liked it! Have a beautiful day, and I hope everyone’s SNOW melts!!!! 🙂